No. 25 Pittsburgh beats Miami 59-55 in OT
Pitt defeats Miami, ends two-game losing streak
CORAL GABLES, Fla. – Lamar Patterson scored 25 points to help No. 25 Pittsburgh end a two-game losing streak with a 57-55 overtime victory over Miami on Wednesday night.
Patterson scored 10 of the Panthers’ 13 points in the overtime.
Cameron Wright added 12 points and Talib Zanna had 10 for Pittsburgh (19-4, 7-3 Atlantic Coast Conference).
Rion Brown had 21 points for Miami (11-11, 2-7).
Patterson made one of two free throws with 10.6 seconds left to give the Panthers a 57-55 lead. Brown’s pass as he drove toward the basket was intercepted by Patterson, who made two free throws to seal the victory.
Patterson made a layup with 13.1 seconds left in regulation to give Pittsburgh a one-point lead, but Manu Lecomte of Miami made the second of two free throws with 7 seconds left to tie the game at 46.
Pittsburgh shot 33.3 percent (18 for 54) from the field and made 19 of 26 free throws.
Miami shot 34.6 percent (18 for 51) and made just 14 of 25 free throws in a game that featured 12 lead changes and five ties.
Pittsburgh, which was coming off home losses to Duke and Virginia, led 29-28 at halftime.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4West Greene to receive report on failed retaining wall | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union