Official: 20 to 25 sickened by carbon monoxide

  • February 6, 2014

WEST CHESTER (AP) – Authorities are pleading with residents not to use generators or gas grills inside Philadelphia-area homes left without power by the icy weather.

Robert Kagel, deputy director for emergency management in Chester County, told WCAU-TV on Thursday that 20 to 25 people were taken to hospitals overnight with carbon monoxide poisoning.

He said some of the more seriously injured were transferred to Philadelphia hospitals for treatment.

Kagel said about 130 people spent the night in emergency shelters in the county, one of the hardest hit by Wednesday’s storm.

In past storms officials have repeatedly warned of the dangers of using generators or gas grills inside or keeping cars running with garage doors closed.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Police back slain officer’s actions

’12 Days of Christmas’ items top $34,000

Pennsylvania’s rifle deer season starts

Cops: Man took ambulance for joyride, stranding patient, EMT

Dump truck hits, kills horses after they escaped farm

Philly fire truck cash injures 5

A look how Wolf’s budget proposal fared in the Legislature

Police officer shot, killed during call; suspect in custody

Taxes at bottom of budget battle

Officials say acorn shortage could hurt December bear hunt