DERRY (AP) – Investigators believe an electrical problem may have sparked a fire that destroyed a popular Western Pennsylvania restaurant.
The fire was reported about 11 p.m. Sunday at the Cheese House on U.S. Route 22 in Derry Township. That’s about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.
Nobody was hurt in the fire, though two firefighters suffered minor injuries from falling on ice as they battled the fire in subfreezing temperatures.
Local firefighters say the restaurant has been open under various owners since the late 1960s.
It’s long been a popular roadside attraction on the heavily traveled highway.