Washington-Greene Hall of Fame class announced
Thirteen individuals, including five former wrestlers, comprise the 2014 class that was chosen for induction into the Washington-Greene County Chapter of the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame.
The 13 will be inducted at a banquet that will be held Friday, June 13 at the Doubletree by Hilton in Meadow Lands.
The wrestlers include Jeff Breese of McGuffey High School, Duane Day of Trinity, Dr. Emil Deliere of Canon-McMillan, Angelo Morascyzk of Immaculate Conception and Jerry Seaman of McGuffey.
Former high-scoring basketball players Bryan Barto (Burgettstown), Ray Natili (Immaculate Conception) and Rick Sonneborn (West Greene), were chosen for the hall of fame, as was Helen Paskutis (Cecil/Hickory), who will be posthumously inducted.
The other inductees are George Messich (Mapletown, football), Patrick Rheam (Canon-McMillan, football) and Washington & Jefferson College swimming coach Mike Orstein. PONY Baseball/Softball, Inc., president Abe Key will be inducted for Youth Service.
Tickets for the banquet are $45 each and can be purchased by calling 724-678-4320.
Biographies of each inductee will be published in a future edition of the Observer-Reporter.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4West Greene to receive report on failed retaining wall | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union