Woman injured in one-vehicle crash
One woman was flown to an area hospital about 9:30 a.m. Friday after the vehicle she was in crashed on Route 40 near McGuffey High School. A firefighter at the scene said the woman’s injuries did not appear to be life-threatening, and two other people – a woman and infant boy – were uninjured.
The boy was taken by ambulance to Washington Hospital as a precaution. The car was headed east when it spun, crossed two westbound lanes and came to rest against a tree. The cause of the accident was unknown.
Claysville and Taylorstown volunteer fire departments assisted at the scene and directed traffic while the right westbound lane of Route 40 remained closed.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union