Pirates claim Morel off waivers
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) – The Pittsburgh Pirates have claimed third baseman Brent Morel off waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays.
The Pirates made the move Monday. They designated for assignment infielder Chase d’Arnaud to make room on the 40-man roster for Morel.
Morel was designated for assignment Friday. The Blue Jays had claimed Morel from the Chicago White Sox in December.
Twenty-seven in April, Morel has a .229 average with 13 homers and 54 RBIs in parts of four seasons with the Chicago White Sox. He played 12 big league games last year.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union