Robert Morris gets NEC Tournament victory
MOON TOWNSHIP — Lucky Jones scored 19 points and Anthony Myers-Pate added 10 as regular-season champion and top seed Robert Morris defeated eighth-seeded Fairleigh Dickinson 60-53 Wednesday night in the first round of the Northeast Conference tournament.
The Colonials (20-12) will be home again for a semifinal matchup against No. 6 seed St. Francis (Pa.) Saturday.
UMass 78, Duquesne 74: Trey Davis came off the bench to score 20 points – including seven points in the final two minutes – as the University of Massachusetts prevailed 78-74 over Duquesne.
Chaz Williams had 17 points and six assists for the Minutemen (23-6, 10-5 Atlantic 10 Conference). Raphiael Putney added 12 points and Sampson Carter 10.
The Minutemen recovered from a slow start to go 16-7 midway through the second half with the help of four 3-pointers — two by Carter, one by Williams and one by Davis — to lead 61-54 with 11:16 remaining. The Dukes came back to take a 72-71 advantage on an Ovie Soko jumper with 2:43 left but then Davis sank a 3 and four free throws in the stretch to put the Minutemen back on top for the win.
Micah Mason had 20 points and five assists for the Dukes (12-16, 4-11).
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 45 family-friendly volunteering opportunities | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union