Local worker on missing Malaysia Airlines flight identified
Company officials have identified the local woman who worked at a Carroll Township plant and was on the missing Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared early Saturday morning.
Mei Ling Chng of South Park had worked as a process engineer at the Flexys America LP plant since 2010, a company spokeswoman confirmed.
Tracy Kilgore, a spokeswoman for Eastman Chemical Co., which owns and operates Flexys America LP, confirmed that Chng was on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which was bound for Beijing and disappeared in the waters off of Vietnam. The Boeing 777 carrying 239 people has been missing for nearly three days with few signs of its location.
“All of us at Eastman are deeply shocked and saddened by this, and our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of those on the flight and especially to the family of our friend and co-worker,” Kilgore said.
Chng began working for the company in 2005 and was transferred to this area in 2010, Kilgore said. The Flexys America plant is located at 829 Route 481 near Monongahela.
- 1Cal U. student dies | Observer-Reporter
- 2W&J´s next energy lecture rescheduled to Feb. 17 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Claysville home gutted by fire; three dogs perish | Observer-Reporter
- 5Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union