Obamacare has increased costs
Frankly, I’m tired of posturing, word-twisting, and misleading politicians. The latest example is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid saying that all of the reports about lost benefits and increased costs because of the Affordable Care Act are lies. I take exception to being called a liar.
I’m a businessman and I provide health insurance benefits to my employees. For this policy period, my insurance costs were quoted by UPMC to increase by 18 percent. We selected a lesser plan to hold the cost increase to 10 percent. Why the change? According to our benefits coordinator, the costs went up to meet the new minimum standards set by the health care law.
Plenty of people have been hurt by Obamacare, and we expect more fallout from this legislation that will result in more cost increases. For Harry Reid to declare that no one has lost benefits or suffered increased costs is itself a lie.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union