49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Jonathan Martin, the offensive tackle at the center of the Miami Dolphins’ bullying scandal, has been traded to the San Francisco 49ers.
The Dolphins announced the deal Tuesday night on the first day of NFL free agency. Martin’s move cross country brings him back to the Bay Area to be reunited with his former Stanford coach, Jim Harbaugh.
An investigation for the NFL determined last month that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito and two other offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant trainer.
The trade capped a busy first day for the 49ers, who lost to the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks in the NFC championship game.
- 1Consol earnings top expectations | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Carnegie Mellon student killed in apparent murder-suicide | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union