Pitt to open NCAA tourney against Colorado
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – A strong showing in its first Atlantic Coast Conference tournament helped Pittsburgh earn a high seed in the NCAA tournament.
The Panthers (25-9) received the No. 9 seed in the South Region and will open tournament play against No. 8 seed Colorado (23-11) Thursday in Orlando.
The winner will most likely face top overall seed Florida in the third round.
Pitt – which had no bad losses on its résumé – boosted its tournament credentials by knocking off 14th-ranked North Carolina in the ACC quarterfinals and lost by three to eventual champion Virginia in the semifinals.
Colorado, which lost to Arizona in the Pac-12 semifinals, is headed to the NCAA tournament for the third straight year – the first time the Buffaloes have done that.
- 1Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 27 essential steps to take when you´re in an accident | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union