Man killed by falling tree in central Pa.
LEWISBURG (AP) – Officials said a central Pennsylvania man was killed by a falling tree he was trying to cut down for firewood.
The (Sunbury) Daily Item reported 68-year-old John Hufnagle of Lewisburg died of injuries after the accident Friday in Union County.
The Mifflinburg Hose Company said on its Facebook page that it responded to the call just after 4 p.m. Friday.
Coroner Dominic Adamo said Hufnagle was cutting the tree down for firewood at the time of the accident.
He was a Lewisburg High graduate who worked as a tool maker for Lycoming Engines of Williamsport for almost four decades.
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Claysville home gutted by fire; three dogs perish | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. student dies | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union