Lawmakers should explain their votes
In response to your Tuesday article, “Bill on gas drilling royalties OK’d,” it was gratifying to see a bill moving forward mandating a 12.5 percent royalty to landowners who have leased their property to various gas companies.
As the newspaper reported, the committee vote was 15-to-10 in favor. Let’s give credit to those who stood up to represent and protect their constituents’ best interests. These men and women should be identified and thanked. It would also be fair to identify the 10 naysayers and offer them an opportunity to explain their votes.
I do not claim to understand the complexities and political jockeying that may go on in these situations, but some note of explanation should be offered to dispel any erroneous conclusions people – myself included – might come to.
Michael A. Thomas
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union