Washington man arrested, was reportedly driving pregnant girlfriend to hospital
A Washington man was arrested for driving without a license in Allegheny County Monday while he reportedly was taking his girlfriend to an area hospital to deliver their son.
Maceo Saunders, 18, of 253 Lincoln Terrace, told that story Tuesday when he was escorted to Washington County to face charges in an assault case, a court official confirmed.
Saunders was apprehended Monday by police in Pleasant Hills and held overnight in Allegheny County Jail before being transferred to Washington County on an outstanding warrant.
Washington police had charged him with aggravated assault, simple assault and conspiracy in the Aug. 29, 2013, assault on two men and a woman about 12:30 a.m. in the 700 block of Ewing St., court records show.
Saunders allegedly attacked the victims with a pool cue, and one of them suffered a broken vertebrae, the affidavit indicates. The victims were identified as Michael Grady and Melvin and Margaret Ralston.
He is free on $5,000 bond set Tuesday by District Judge Robert Redlinger. Pleasant Hills police did not return a message Wednesday.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Coal drives decrease in assessment values | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Rachel Shoaf gets 30 years for murder of Skylar Neese | Observer-Reporter
- 5Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union