South Strabane house damaged in fire

  • March 26, 2014
Firefighters from South Strabane and Chartiers townships douse hot spots at the rear of a home on Sunset Boulevard in South Strabane Wednesday afternoon. - Jim McNutt / Observer-Reporter Order a Print

Firefighters from South Strabane and Chartiers townships responded to a house fire Wednesday at 260 Sunset Boulevard.

The fire began about 3:30 p.m. when a discarded cigarette butt was thrown into a plastic bucket outside the home, said South Strabane fire Chief Scott Reese. The rear exterior and parts of the home’s basement went up in flames.

No injuries were reported.

Reese estimated damage to the home at several thousand dollars.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Man struck by truck in Washington; hospitalized

150-year-old voter lists found in Courthouse Square

Drug arrests made in Monongahela

Guest house opens in Monongahela

Peters Township man jailed for allegedly beating his mother

No tax increase in Robinson budget

Parkway, Fort Pitt Tunnel closures planned

Update planned on Charleroi historic preservation efforts

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pittsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?