Steelers sign free agent running back Blount
PITTSBURGH – The Pittsburgh Steelers and free agent running back LeGarette Blount have agreed on a two-year contract that will give the team needed depth in the backfield behind budding star Le’Veon Bell.
The 27-year-old Blount ran for 772 yards and a career-high seven touchdowns in 2013 for the New England Patriots. He added 166 yards rushing and set a team playoff record with four touchdowns in a playoff win over the Indianapolis Colts.
The Steelers need bodies in the backfield after Jonathan Dwyer and Felix Jones were not re-signed after last season. Blount has 2,711 yards rushing and 20 touchdowns in 56 games, with 28 career starts.
The 6-foot, 250-pound Blount also gives the Steelers a big back near the goal line to complement the 6-2, 230-pound Jones.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 4Ferrari puts Char-Houston in playoff driver´s seat | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter