Greene County Maintenance Manager Jerome Simkovic announced the following tentative work plan for the week of April 14.
All maintenance activities are conducted on a weather-permitting basis. Motorists should drive with caution throughout all work areas and be alert for signed work zones requiring the usage of headlights.
The schedule is as follows:
• Bridge cleaning will begin on Route 4017, West Run Road, at the intersection of Route 18.
• Slide monitor and cleanup will be on Route 3016 on McCracken Road.
•Cross pipe replacement will be on Route 3001, Windy Gap Road.
•Section slide repair begins on Route 4021, Deer Lick Station Road.
• Major slide repair will begin on Route 1011, Clarksville Road.
• Crack sealing will take place on Interstate 79 southbound between Waynesburg and Kirby.
• Patching will be on Route 21 between Junction Deli and Waynesburg.
• Sweeping begins on Route 188 in Jefferson and Route 1011 in Clarksville.
•State roads will be reviewed and signs will be updated, downed signs will be replaced, and concerns addressed on various state roads throughout the county.
The State Correctional Institution of Greene’s Community Work Program will conduct roadside litter pick up operations this week from Route 19 from the intersection of Route 221, Dunn Station Road, to the Washington County line; southbound from the intersection of Route 19 on Route 221, Lippencott Road, to the intersection of Route 188.
PENNDOT has a 24-hour toll free number for residents to call to report any road maintenance concerns. The number is 800-349-7623.
To report locations of dead deer for removal from state highways in Greene County, call 724-627-6131.