DILLINER– Twenty-four individuals won awards during a benefit shoot hosted by the Hunting Hills Hawkeyes, Greene County’s Scholastic Clay Target Program team. The shoot was held April 5 in Dilliner.
Participants compete individually or in teams of five in the shoot of 100 clay targets. Award categories included youth, ladies, male and individual.
The following awards were given:
• Highest overall male: Rex Buckhalter of Dilliner.
• Highest overall female: Camryn Dugan of Waynesburg.
• Adult: First place, Tom Pavel of Carmichaels; second place, Dick Swartz; third place, Jeff Chapman; fourth place, Ron Virgili of Jefferson; fifth place, Steve Brittian; sixth place, Dan Orrahood of Waynesburg; seventh place, Matt Friend of Point Marion; eighth place, Jeff Smith of Morgantown, W.Va.; ninth place, Jake Blaker of Carmichaels; and tenth place, Drew Kramer.
• Collegiate: Champion, Alex Rush of Jefferson, and runner-up, Tiffany Stansberry.
• Senior varsity: Champion, Parker Woodring of Carmichaels, and runner-up, Andrew Buchtan of Greensboro.
• Junior varsity: Champion, Luke Pecjak of Dilliner, and runner-up, Hunter Scott of Carmichaels.
• Intermediate advanced: Champion, Cameron Cernuska of Jefferson, and runner-up, Zach Abbott of Rogersville.
• Intermediate entry: Champion, Tristan Cole of Waynesburg, and runner-up, Arran Hinerman of Waynesburg.
• Rookie: Champion, Tucker Hughes of Rogersville, and runner-up, Colby Smith of Waynesburg.
The benefit shoot was sponsored by the Greene County commissioners and Greene County Department of Recreation, and was organized by the Hawkeyes’ coaches and parents.
Additional sponsors were 4 Seasons Lawn and Garden, Action Targets, Alpha Natural Resources Services LLC, Always Truck N LLC, Ed Bellan, Best of the West, Blue Mountain Engineering, Tim Burton, Cabela’s, CONSOL Energy, Cove Creek Outfitters, Cumberland Mine Sporting Clay Shooters, Energy Corp. of America, Friends of the NRA, Greene Podiatry Assoc. Inc., Hinerman Automotive, Huntin’ Fool, Hunting Hills, ISM Weapon Systems, NWTF-Warrior Trail Gobblers, Ozies Sport Shop, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Savage Arms and Sunset Marina.
The Hawkeyes will compete June 14 in the annual Pennsylvania Scholastic Clay Target Program Sporting Clays Championship at Factoryville Sportsmen’s Club in Factoryville.
This event involves youth shooters from across the state competing in a 100-target shoot to determine state winners in six skill divisions.
For more information, call the Department of Recreation at 724-852-5323, or visit www.co.greene.pa.us.