Penn State’s Urschel wins Sullivan Award
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Penn State offensive lineman John Urschel won the Sullivan Award on Friday night as the country’s top amateur athlete.
The football star edged fellow Florida track and field athlete Cory Ann McGee and Nebraska volleyball player Kelsey Robinson for the award presented by the Amateur Athletic Union
The 6-foot-3, 315-pound guard was an all-Big Ten selection and third-team AP All-American. He has a Master’s degree in math and won the William V. Campbell Trophy as college football’s top scholar-athlete.
Swimmer Missy Franklin won the award last year.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter