Truck rolls over near south junction
The driver of a tractor-trailer suffered minor injuries Sunday afternoon when his rig overturned on the south junction ramp from Interstate 79 to I-70 east.
State police said the driver, Mitchell Barnhart, 26, of Pleasant Valley, Mo., lost control in the curve, causing the rig to roll over onto the median about 4:30 p.m.
The onramp was closed for more than an hour while South Strabane firefighters tried to free the driver from the cab. Police redirected traffic around the crash while they removed the wreckage.
Barnhart, who was awake and alert at the scene, was flown by medical helicopter to a UPMC Presbyterian hospital as a precaution, police said.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte