College student fatally shot in apparent accident
ERIE (AP) – Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a college student in northwestern Pennsylvania.
The Erie Times-News reported Sunday that Erie County’s deputy coroner called the shooting of 23-year-old Abram Sorek a “horrible and very unfortunate accident.”
Authorities say Sorek was shot in the head with a hand gun, Deputy Coroner Dennis Suscheck says the wound wasn’t self-inflicted.
Sorek was a student at St. Vincent College in Latrobe. He was in an Erie home with four friends at the time of the early Saturday morning shooting.
Erie Police Chief Randy Bowers says investigators don’t have all the details yet. He says there was no confrontation, dispute or argument that preceded the shooting.
District Attorney Jack Daneri says he expects to decide whether to file charges within a week.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union