College student fatally shot in apparent accident
ERIE (AP) – Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a college student in northwestern Pennsylvania.
The Erie Times-News reported Sunday that Erie County’s deputy coroner called the shooting of 23-year-old Abram Sorek a “horrible and very unfortunate accident.”
Authorities say Sorek was shot in the head with a hand gun, Deputy Coroner Dennis Suscheck says the wound wasn’t self-inflicted.
Sorek was a student at St. Vincent College in Latrobe. He was in an Erie home with four friends at the time of the early Saturday morning shooting.
Erie Police Chief Randy Bowers says investigators don’t have all the details yet. He says there was no confrontation, dispute or argument that preceded the shooting.
District Attorney Jack Daneri says he expects to decide whether to file charges within a week.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union