Students to present one-act plays
WAYNESBURG – The Waynesburg University Theater Program will host an evening of one-act plays at 8 p.m. April 22 in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center. Admission is free and the public is invited.
The three one-act plays bring student work to life as students perform their scripts written from a recent playwriting course. Original one-act plays are showcased and presented in a workshop format.
“Each of these stories offers an opportunity for actor and director to build a character and a situation from the ground up,” said Edward Powers, director of the theater program and professor of theater at Waynesburg.
“The playwright has given them the words, and now the other theater artists are striving to bring these words to life.”
Reservations are strongly suggested. Seats may be reserved by calling 724-852-3226.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 5DA turns over $100K from forfeitures to county general fund | Observer-Reporter