C-M softball wins 3 in North Carolina
After losing its opening game in North Carolina against a top-five team in the nation Saturday, Canon-McMillan bounced back with three-straight wins Monday and Tuesday.
The Big Macs (8-2) faced Summerville (S.C.) Tuesday, which reached its state semifinals last season and Canon-McMillan responded with a 6-5 victory.
Abby McCartney hit a three-run home run in the first inning and Linda Rush went 2-for-3 with a double and two RBI. Tara Fowler was the winning pitcher for Canon-McMillan.
In a doubleheader Monday, the Big Macs defeated Chapin (S.C.), 9-1, and York (S.C.), 6-3. In the first game, the Big Macs were led by Georgiana Zeremenko, who hit a double and drove in two runs. Rush went 2-for-3 with a double.
In the second game, Kaylee Gohring was the winning pitcher after relieving Fowler. Rush went 3-for-4 with two doubles. Zeremenko also doubled for the Big Macs, who went 3-1 in the tournament.
Fowler and Rush were named to the all-tournament team.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union