Schwartz ad touts role in health care
HARRISBURG (AP) – U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz is airing a new TV campaign commercial that aggressively touts her involvement in President Barack Obama’s signature health-care law.
The ad was scheduled to begin running Tuesday in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh markets. It makes Schwartz the only one of Pennsylvania’s four Democratic gubernatorial candidates to air a spot on the politically volatile issue.
In the ad, Schwartz says she’s proud that the law seeks to expand health coverage, bars insurers from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and closes a gap in prescription-drug coverage for seniors.
The ad criticizes Republican Gov. Tom Corbett for refusing expanded Medicaid coverage for 500,000 Pennsylvanians while his administration seeks federal approval to instead subsidize an expansion of the private health insurance market.
Schwartz ad touts role in health-care law
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union