Softball: C-M rallies for win over Bethel Park
Canon-McMillan ralled from a four-run deficit by scoring seven total in the fifth and sixth to take a 12-10 victory from Bethel Park in a Section 4-AAAA game.
Olivia Lorusso went 2-for-3 with a ome run and three RBI for the Big Macs (8-1, 11-2). Abby McCartney and Giorgiana Zeremenko each drove in two runs. Brittney Crawford went 2-for-3 with a double and Linda Rush doubled.
Kavonna Anderson went 3-for-4 with three RBI for Bethel Park (6-4, 6-4). Jenn Rimmel, Jamie Smith, and Hayley Lazzari each had a double and Shelby Reid went 3-for-5 with two RBI.
• Morgan Ellek doubled, tripled and homered, driving in seven runs, as Burgettstown cruised to a 16-3 Section 1-A victory over North Catholic.
Bry Lonick also tripled, while Kate Tarr allowed just three hits and struck out 17 for the Blue Devils (8-0, 10-4).
Terri White homered for North Catholic (2-5, 3-5).
• Jen Tighlman threw a four-inning no-hitter and also doubled as Charleroi remained atop the Section 4-AA standings with a 15-0 win over East Allegheny.
Anjie Tighlman, Adrianna Gottheld and Kaitlyn McCann also doubled for the Cougars (6-1, 8-3).
Sarah Fritzius took the loss for East Allegheny (1-6, 1-6).
• Gia Husnick went 3-for-4 with a double and four RBI and Serra scored seven runs in the seventh to beat West Greene 17-1 in a Section 2-A game.
Whitney Larko struck out 10 and had two doubles for Serra (6-4, 7-4). Allie Taylor and Amy McNeill doubled and dove in two apiece.
Bailey Bennington doubled for the Pioneers (5-4, 6-7).
• Nikki Venick doubled and drove in three runs during Jefferson-Morgan’s 16-0 three-inning victory over Mapletown in Section 2-A.
Camryn Dugan tripled for J-M (9-2, 11-2) and Kirsten Stoneking, Morgan Simkovic and Madison Dupont each contributed a double.
Abby McIntire had the only hit for the Maples (2-9, 2-10).
• Kylie Sonson struck out 10 and doubled in two runs in Bishop Canevin’s 18-3 win over Northgate. Amy Calabrese had a double.
• Taylor Ellis scattered five hits and Washington defeated Avella, 8-1, in a non-section game.
Alanna Ammon, Savannah Ammons and Gabby Bocengra all had doubles for the Prexies (2-8).
Megan Waddell took the loss, while Kira Doaks tripled for Avella (3-5).
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union