Washington fire under investigation
A state police fire marshal is investigating the cause of a suspicious blaze that gutted a vacant home at 570 Jefferson Ave. in Washington Wednesday night. City firefighters were called about 9:12 p.m. to the home, which was being renovated by prospective buyers.
Fire chief Linn Brookman said people who were planning to purchase the home from Jennie Harold of Washington had been painting.
He said earlier this year, thieves broke into the house and stole the copper pipes. He said firefighters were called because water was running from the house. There were no injuries in the fire.
- 1Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union