Phil Pisarcik and Ethan Anderson combined for five RBI to power Peters Township to a 7-1 victory over Brashear in a Section 5-AAAA.
Anderson went 2-for-3 and drove in three runs and Pisarcik went 3-for-5 and had two RBI for PT (5-2, 9-4). Ryan Black struck out seven and picked up the win.
• Waynesburg leaned heavily on starting pitcher Tyler Morris in a 3-2 victory over McGuffey in Section 3-AAA.
Morris helped himself in the third inning when his sacrifice fly scored Waynesburg’s third run of the game. He struck out seven and walked five to earn the win for the Raiders (4-3, 6-6). The Highlanders (0-6, 0-9) scored twice in the fourth inning, but the pitching of Morris prevented McGuffey from winning its first game since April 23 of last year.
The win keeps Waynesburg in third place team in the section.
• Brownsville scored 10 runs in two innings and Cory Lent struck out five as the Falcons defeated Burgettstown, 10-5, in a Section 2-AA game.
Shane Roebuck hit two doubles for Brownsville (8-2, 10-4), which trailed 5-0 entering the fifth inning when it scored three runs and seven more in the sixth inning.
Dylan Dahns took the loss for Burgettstown (3-7, 4-8), despite striking out eight batters.
• Charleroi scored three runs in the 10th inning to defeat Fort Cherry, 13-10, in Section 2-AA. The win ruined a strong performance by Rangers senior Koltan Kobrys, who went 4-for-5 with five RBI, including a two-run home run.
Josh Fisher earned the win for Charleroi (6-4, 7-6), striking out eight in six innings. Matt Freeman, Sam Miceli and Matt Szerszen hit doubles for the Cougars.
Kobrys took the loss after entering the game in the 10th inning for Fort Cherry (2-7, 2-8), but was a single away from hitting for the cycle. His two-run home run in the second tied the game at three.
• Avella pounded out 16 hits in a 16-2, five-inning win over Mapletown in a Section 1-A win.
Nate Connolly had two doubles for the Eagles (4-2, 5-2) and Tim Fraysier, Austin Lis and Derek Allen each had one.
Colby Kincell and Ben Boone each had a double for Mapletown (0-7, 2-9).
• Tyler Day hit a grand slam to help Chartiers-Houston hold off Beth-Center 6-4 in a Section 2-AA game.
Miles Williamson hit a solo home run for the Bucs (7-1, 9-1) and Kodie Hanley had a double and went 2-for-3.
• Canon-McMillan broke a 2-2 tie with three in the fifth and one in the sixth to take a 6-4 win over Upper St. Clair in Section 5-AAAA.
The Big Macs (5-2, 11-3) had four hits and two walks in the fifth. Connor Coleman drove in one run with a bases-loaded walk. Dustin Bernardi had a double and two singles.
Gannon Rooney tripled for USC (3-4, 8-6).
• Jordan West went 3-for-4 and drove in two to help Washington take a 9-6 win over Bentworth in a Section 2-AA game.
Jonathan Spina hit a solo home run and Chris Gouin doubled for the Prexies (7-2, 10-4).
Tyler Mitchell went 2-for-4 for Bentworth (2-8, 7-9).
• Justin Foreman hit the eventual game-winning RBI single in the top of the eighth inning and struck out 12 to lead South Fayette past Trinity, 2-1, in Section 3-AAA.
Hillers pitcher Nate McIlvaine had a no-hitter entering the sixth inning when South Fayette (5-2, 8-5) recorded its first hit and Billy Newcomer hit an RBI single in the top of the seventh to give the Lions a 1-0 lead.
Trinity (1-6, 4-9) tied the game in the bottom half of the inning when Steve Iams hit a pinch hit RBI double to tie the game. Foreman’s single in the eighth drove in Hayden Orler, who led off the inning with a double, as the Lions earned the critical section win.