Pirates put closer Grilli on 15-day DL
ST. LOUIS (AP) – Pirates closer Jason Grilli was placed on the 15-day disabled list Friday with a strained left oblique. The move was retroactive to April 21.
The Pirates called up right-hander Jared Hughes before Friday night’s game against St. Louis. Set-up reliever Mark Melancon is expected to move into Grilli’s spot and close.
Grilli, an All-Star last season, has already blown three of seven save chances this season and has a 4.50 ERA.
Melancon has allowed two runs in 11 innings this season. Left-hander Tony Watson could also be used to close.
Friday’s game at St. Louis ended too late for this edition. Visit www.observer-reporter.com for details.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union