WVU improvements approved by W.Va. commission
W.Va. commission approves WVU projects
FAIRMONT, W.Va. (AP) — The state Higher Education Policy Commission has approved West Virginia University athletic facilities upgrades and improvements to the university's four-decade-old Personal Rapid Transit monorail.
Media outlets report the commission approved the projects Friday at a meeting at Fairmont State University. WVU's Board of Governors previously approved both projects.The athletic facilities plan is estimated to cost $106 million. Most of the funding would come from bonds. Initial projects include concourse, restroom and concessions expansions at the football stadium.The $60 million PRT upgrade includes tunnel repair and replacing electronic systems. The PRT connects WVU's three campuses and the downtown Morgantown business district.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte