H.S. Baseball: Fort Cherry upsets Chartiers-Houston
Kolton Kobrys hit a three-run homer during a nine-run first inning for Fort Cherry as the Rangers handed Chartiers-Houston a 14-6 Section 2-AA defeat Saturday in a high school boys baseball game.
Alex Babirad also homered for the Rangers (3-7, 3-8), who got doubles from Ricky Jones and Shane Turkily as part of a 17-hit attack. Matt Heslin was the recipient of the run support, allowing eight hits and striking out 12.
Troy Whitfield took the loss for the Bucs (7-3, 9-3), who have now lost two consecutive games since a 9-1 start. Jake Jones and Alex Ferrari each doubled for Chartiers-Houston.
Canon-McMillan hit three more home runs to take a 9-4 win from Waynesburg in a non-section game Saturday.
Olivia Lorusso hit two home runs and Gia Zeremenko hit one for the Big Macs (13-2). Linda Rush hit two doubles and Taylor Bruno had one.
Canon-McMillan now has 41 home runs, tops in the state according to results reported to MaxPreps.com The national record is held by Pisgah (Ala.) High School at 71.
Jordan Moore went 2-for-4 with two RBI for Waynesburg (8-8).
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union