Police: Man who killed pregnant woman found dead
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Police say a Pittsburgh man wanted on charges he fatally shot his pregnant girlfriend is dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police went to a home early Friday to arrest 20-year-old Kerrese Lawrence on charges of criminal homicide and homicide of an unborn child and called in a SWAT team to surround the residence when they heard gunshots.
When police finally entered the residence, the found Lawrence dead. An autopsy was planned Friday, but authorities believe Lawrence shot himself.
Police say he had shot 20-year-old Lauren Williams about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, then tweeted about the crime using his screen name “President Kolumbo.”
Williams had told Penn Hills police that Lawrence threatened to kill her and himself Tuesday morning. She called 911 while at work Wednesday afternoon, saying Lawrence called her and repeated the threats.
- 1Oakdale man pleads to robbing two Greene Co. banks | Observer-Reporter
- 2Observer-Reporter High School Football
- 3Protecting history from I-70 construction at Bentleyville | Observer-Reporter
- 4Jury convicts mother of endangering welfare of infant | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union