Softball: Four more home runs for Big Macs
Canon-McMillan hit four home runs to raise its season total to 48 in a 17-0, three-inning victory over Upper St. Clair in a Section 4-AAAA game.
Olivia Lorusso hit two of them, went 3-for-4 with a double, two runs scored and five RBI as the Big Macs moved to 14-3, including 10-2 in the section. Abby McCartney and Linda Rush each hit a solo home run with the latter driving in three. Gia Zeremenko went 3-for-4 with a double and RBI and Taylor Bruno knocked in three runs. Tara Fowler gave up two hits in three innings.
• A nine-run fourth inning sent Waynesburg to a 13-1 five-inning victory over Beth-Center in a Section 2-AA game.
Emily Luck had a double and two RBI for the Raiders (9-2, 10-8) and Tiffany Ross and Felicia Spitsnogle each drove in two runs.
Abby Gustovich had the only hit for Beth-Center (6-5, 6-8), a solo home run in the fourth.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Strabane Marine remembers mortar attack a decade ago | Observer-Reporter
- 4Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter