PT library to hold Civil War programs
Peters Township Public Library will host two Civil War-themed programs funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
The library was one of three sites in the United States to receive an additional Civil War 150! programming grant. Civil War 150! is a collaboration between the Library of America and the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.
Dr. Elaine Frantz Parsons, associate professor of history at Duquesne University, will discuss “Women in the Civil War” at 7 p.m. May 22.
Her work focuses on social movements and popular culture in the 19th-century United States, with a focus on the Civil War and Reconstruction eras.
Dr. Faith Barrett, associate professor of English at Duquesne University, will discuss “American Poetry and the Civil War” at 7 p.m. June 19.
Registration is required by emailing email@example.com or calling 724-941-9430.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union