Baseball: Jefferson-Morgan too much for Mapletown
Austin Clark used his arm and bat to help Jefferson-Morgan defeat Mapletown 11-1 in a Section 1-A game.
Clark homered and allowed one run and four hits in the six-inning game for the Rockets (4-6, 6-10). Logan Bowman had a triple.
Colby Kincell had a double for the Maples (0-8, 2-10).
• Chartiers Valley scored three runs in the top of the seventh to secure a 7-2 victory over McGuffey in a Section 3-AAA game.
Chartiers Valley is 10-0 in the section and 12-3 overall.
Austin Thomas went 2-for-3 with an RBI for the Highlanders (1-8, 1-11).
- 1Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl Beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 2'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 5Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union