Cal U women softball to host NCAA tournament
The California University women’s softball team earned the top seed in the Atlantic Region and hosting rights for the NCAA Tournament, which runs Friday through Sunday.
The Vulcans (35-5) will play eighth-seeded Winston-Salem State (28-11), the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association Champion Friday
In the other first-round game at Lilley Field, fourth-seeded West Chester (36-19) will face fifth-seeded Bloomsburg (27-17).
In the other Atlantic Regional, Shippensburg (34-15) earned hosting rights and the third seed and will face sixth-seeded IUP (32-15) in the first round.
The other first-round game features second-seeded West Virginia Wesleyan, who won the Mountain East Conference regular-season title and lost in the finals of the MEC Tournament, against seventh-seeded Mansfield (23-17).
The advancing teams from each opening-round sites of the Atlantic Region will advance to the NCAA Super Regional and play a best-of-3 series at the site of the highest remaining seed May 16-17.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Games of chance reporting deadline extended | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union