Woman crashes car into Pittsburgh hospital door
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A woman just discharged from UPMC Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh was being treated again in the emergency room after police say she hopped into someone else’s car and drove it into the main entrance, where several people dove out of the way to escape injury.
Police were not immediately releasing the woman’s name or explaining why they believe she crashed the car about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler says the car in question either belonged to someone delivering something to the hospital or dropping someone off.
A University of Pittsburgh Medical Center spokesman says the entrance is closed and door must be repaired. Patients, visitors and others were being asked to use other entrances.
Toler says police expect to file criminal charges against the woman.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter