Suspicious man spotted along Panhandle Trail in Burgettstown
McDonald police are alerting residents of the Burgettstown area of a suspicious man who approached a seven-year-old boy Friday afternoon just off the Panhandle Trail.
Police were called about 4:40 p.m. by a resident of the 10 block of Main Street Extension. He told police his son was playing in their backyard near the wood line that borders the trail when he was approached by a man who claimed to be looking for his dog.
The man reportedly asked the boy to help him look for the animal. The boy told the man he would go get his father and to wait. But when father and son returned, the man was gone.
Police checked the trail but found no one matching the description given by the boy.
The man is white, 5-feet, 7-inches tall and wore a gray T-shirt and blue sweatpants.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Huffman sparks California´s rout of J-M | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union