Exotic animal rescue facility burns down
HANOVER – A monkey was still on the loose after firefighters rescued birds, snakes, lizards and cats from a southern Pennsylvania exotic animal rescue facility that burned down.
Fairfield Deputy Fire Chief Adam Jacobs told the Evening Sun of Hanover that a monkey had gotten out of its cage and was loose in a nearby wooded area when firefighters left the scene Saturday.
The East Coast Exotic Animal Rescue burned down overnight, and fire officials said two residents escaped after being awoken by their dog barking.
Firefighters say domestic cats and snakes were probably killed in the blaze. They said an electrical malfunction is believed to have caused the fire.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union