2nd Lancaster prisoner in past month hangs himself
LANCASTER, Pa. – A second Lancaster County prison inmate in the last month is dead from hanging.
County Coroner Stephen Diamantoni told Lancaster Newspapers that Nathan Nixdorf died Friday night, a day after hanging himself.
The newspaper said the 30-year-old Nixdorf was in prison on a parole violation triggered by a driving-under-the-influence charge. Nixdorf, a married father of two, pleaded guilty last year to setting fire to a mobile home in a scheme to collect insurance money.
Police said prisoner Patrick Kanney died April 23, two days after he hung himself in a bathroom at the prison.
Scott Martin, a county commissioner who chairs the prison board, says Nixdorf’s death is being investigated and the prison board will evaluate if changes can be made to prevent more suicides.
- 1Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 2Canonsburg man accused of sexually assaulting roommate | Observer-Reporter
- 3A needless fight over open records job | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cortese - Veltri | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union