Arrest in fatal stabbing near Little League field
BABYLON, N.Y. – A man is charged with manslaughter after a fatal stabbing near a Little League field where kids were playing on New York’s Long Island.
Suffolk County police said a fight broke out Saturday between two men in Babylon. WABC-TV reports that one of the men interrupted the game to tell people he was hurt. He died at a hospital a short time later.
Police said a witness alerted an off-duty officer and the officer and bystanders apprehended the suspect as he tried to flee. Authorities say the fight wasn’t related to the baseball game.
Twenty-year-old Michael Grusel was arrested in the death of James Moran. Grusel is to be arraigned in Central Islip Sunday.
The police activity prompted the Little League to cancel Saturday’s games.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Clinching the Team Klutz Award in Biggest Winner contest
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union