Police: Man kills self after wounding estranged wife
LAKE LYNN (AP) – State police say a man has fatally shot himself after wounding his estranged wife who had been staying at her father’s home in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Troopers from the Uniontown barracks say the shootings happened about 10:10 p.m. Wednesday in Springhill Township, Fayette County.
That’s where 33-year-old Joni Ann Bowers had been living since being separated from her husband, 32-year-old Grant Bowers, about three weeks ago.
Police say Grant Bowers went to his father-in-law’s home and argued with his wife before pulling a gun and shooting her. Police and the county coroner say Bowers then fatally shot himself in the head.
Joni Bowers was flown to Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, W.Va., where she was undergoing surgery. Her family says she was in critical but stable condition, and expected to survive.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union