Fire damages Centerville home
CENTERVILLE – No one was injured Tuesday when a fire that appeared to have been accidental in nature damaged a two-story frame house on Fishpot Road in Centerville.
Richeyville Volunteer Fire Co. Chief Dave Pohill said the blaze caused nearly $30,000 in damages to the 136 Fishpot Road residence of Tim and Jamie Koon. A firefighter was seen carrying a dog from the house to safety.
The 1:08 p.m. fire appeared to have started on a porch before it spread into the second floor of the dwelling, Pohill said. Firefighters remained on the scene for more than two hours. Assisting at the scene were firefighters from East Bethlehem, California and Bentleyville.
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union