Younger veterans need to step up
Having just finished participating in the Memorial Day celebration here in Canonsburg, I’m still amazed at the show of patriotism exhibited here in this little town. But what was truly touching was how the majority of those in attendance stood up and honored our flag, a flag that means so very much to all of us veterans.
But there’s still work to be done. As aging veterans continue, to the best of our ability, to honor our fallen brothers and sisters, we need to have our younger veterans step up and help carry on this tradition. It’s sad to even think that one day, when we come out to honor our brothers and sisters, there won’t be a single veteran stepping up to carry on with the work of honoring our fallen military members.
Remember: “All gave some, but some gave all.”
Step up and be counted. We need you.
Barry L. Andrews
Andrews is the vice president of the honor guard at the James Perry Post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars in Canonsburg.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Family´s dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Huffman sparks California´s rout of J-M | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union