Grandmother shot in shoulder at Pa. beach
CLARENDON (AP) Authorities say a grandmother was shot in the shoulder while watching her grandchildren swim at a beach in northwestern Pennsylvania.
State police in Warren County tell The Erie Times-News that the woman was shot at the beach at Chapman Dam in Chapman State Park between 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday.
Police say they believe someone fired several rounds into the air north of the beach area, and the woman was struck in the shoulder by what appears to be a rifle round.
She was flown by medical helicopter to UPMC Hamot in Erie, where her condition wasn’t available.
Police said many people were at the beach along Chapman Lake at the time, and anyone with information about the reckless endangerment case should call the Warren barracks.
Information from: Erie Times-News, http://www.goerie.com
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Glenn leads Vulcans past Edinboro | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union