Ohio fugitive caught after Walmart incident in Greene
WAYNESBURG – A West Virginia man wanted in connection with an armed robbery May 27 in Martins Ferry, Ohio, was one of three people arrested Friday by state police for yelling obscenities and shooting BB guns at Walmart in Franklin Township.
Donaven Jaquan White, 18, of 146 14th St., Wheeling, who faces robbery charges, and Chevez Chamanuel Chambliss, 21, of 133 Bankbarn Terrace, St. Clairsville, Ohio, were passengers in a car operated by Amanda Maple Barker, 25, of 2500 Ohio St., Moundsville, W.Va.
State police said they received a report of two individuals yelling obscenities at female patrons and shooting BB guns at store signs. White and Chambliss were charged with disorderly conduct and Barker was charged with possessing a prohibited offensive weapon.
Police said witnesses told them White and Chambliss, who were seated in the rear of the vehicle, removed two Beretta-style BB guns from the trunk of Barker’s car while stopped at Walmart. They allegedly began to shoot at store signs while yelling at female patrons to take off their shirts and also made other obscene comments, according to police.
Two BB guns were recovered from the rear floor of the car. Barker allegedly denied any other weapons were in her car but police found a set of metal knuckles under the passenger side front seat. Metal knuckles are classified as an offensive weapon.
Preliminary hearings were scheduled Tuesday before District Judge Lee Watson.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union