Woman in bar while kids left in car charged
MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. (AP) — Police say a woman has been jailed on child endangerment charges after she laughed when officers asked whether she thought it was a good idea to leave her 9-year-old twins in a parked car while she drank in a western Pennsylvania bar.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for 40-year-old Ontreace Stevens, of McKees Rocks.
Police arrested Stevens after someone phoned in an anonymous tip that she was inside drinking while her kids were locked in the car outside about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
McKees Rocks police Chief Robert Cifrulak says police aren’t certain how long Stevens was in the bar, but says she told them she merely went inside to order food. Police say their investigation revealed she had been drinking for some time.
Stevens’ mother took custody of the children.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Who sold us out? | Observer-Reporter
- 5Team members, community support Biggest Winner competitors | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union