Truck hauling boat crashes on Interstate 79
A Florida man escaped serious injury Saturday morning when his truck hauling a 30-foot boat ran off Interstate 79 south near the Southpointe exit in Cecil Township and rolled over a guard rail.
State police said Javier Calix, 31, of Bonita Springs, was driving south on I-79 near the Southpointe exit about 10:35 a.m. when the trailer being hauled by his Dodge Ram pickup truck started to sway.
Calix lost control of the truck which went off the right side of the highway and over a guard rail. The truck caught fire after the gas tank ruptured.
The trailer became dislodged from the truck and also went over the guard rail. The boat became separated from the trailer and slid into the woods, police said.
The crash caused police to shut down the highway for a short time, although there was a longer lane restriction on the southbound side.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union