14-year-old boy charged in fatal shooting
YORK (AP) – A 14-year-old boy was charged with criminal homicide Saturday following a shooting in York that left another teenager dead.
Leonard Anthony Green III was taken to York County Prison following the early-morning shooting, prison officials said.
Green shot 17-year-old Patrick Winter of York once in the chest as he sat in the driver’s seat of his parked red BMW around midnight, investigators said.
Winter was pronounced dead at the scene and Green was arrested without incident at his home at around 6 a.m., police said.
Green told detectives that he walked up to Winter’s car and fired a handgun twice at him, then ran from the scene, according to a police affidavit that the York Daily Record posted online. It was unclear whether the teens knew each other.
It was unclear whether Green had a lawyer. His mother and grandfather were with him at the police station, the affidavit says, but attempts to reach them were unsuccessful. Green was charged as an adult with the approval of the York County district attorney’s office, police said.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chiropractor likes small-town setting for practice | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Greene County Most Wanted