Gunfire wounds five in two Pittsburgh neighborhoods
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Police say gunfire in a pair of Pittsburgh neighborhoods sent five people to hospitals.
Authorities said a SWAT team was dispatched to a home in the Homewood section of the city after two men were shot at about 2 a.m. Sunday.
Both were taken to UPMC, and a 41-year-old man was listed in serious condition. Two men were arrested and five juveniles released to their guardians.
Police also said gunfire in the Fineview neighborhood shortly before 1:30 a.m. Monday wounded three people, one critically.
Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that a woman was shot in the back and two men each shot in the leg shortly.
Police said two people believed to have been the shooters fled in a car.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "Bradie" ball raises $20,000 for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union